POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist : Re: Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray wishlist
From: Timothy R  Cook
Date: 17 Mar 2002 20:39:20
Message: <3C954547.8B1CD2D6@scifi-fantasy.com>
Corey Woodworth wrote:
> 2. With the speed afforded to us from improvement number one we can
> now throw out all the old hacks that give us refection and refraction
> in favor for a much better system: Forward ray tracing.

That's what photons are for.

> 5. Speaking of winamp, isn't about time that pov's UI was skinnable?!

I thought it was.  The buttons, at least.

> 6. CSG would be a lot easier if we had more primitives to work with.
> Cubes and spheres were great in preschool but the world is a complex
> place and we need complex shapes to describe it. Here are my suggestions
> for some new primitives: Dodecahedron, Buckyball, Leggo brick, Shreck

Some more suggestions for primitives:
Point
Turtle (you can draw anything with a turtle ^_^)
Moebius strip
Rounded Sphere (as companion to rounded box)

> 7. Its so much fun to return to the pov site after the beta expires to
> get the next one! It makes sure I visit regularly and I have the newest
> version. I think that the final version should expire as well, even if
> there aren't any new versions to download.

I like this one.

> 8. While I commend whoever wrote the tutorials, FAQs, and docs that
> come with pov we all know that nobody reads them.

I occasionally glance at them.  Backwards.

- Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com